Sheri's Chocolate Eclair Cake
I figured this recipe would already be posted here, but it isn't. Not, at least, this exact recipe. This is very tasty. It's extremely easy to make, great for a potluck, and doesn't require baking. Plus, I usually have a surplus of graham crackers around (I have a one year old boy). Hope you enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb graham cracker
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (3 ounce) packages French vanilla instant pudding or (3 ounce) packages vegetarian french vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (9 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (10 ounce) can chocolate frosting (I honestly don't know exactly how big a can. Get the regular size in the plastic container.)
- Butter the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Line with graham crackers in a single layer.
- Mix pudding and milk at medium speed for two minutes. Fold in Cool Whip. (Note: I couldn't find a 9 ounce container or Cool Whip, so I bought the larger size and estimated 9 ounces. Seems to work fine.).
- Pour half the pudding mixture over crackers. Put another layer of crackers over the pudding. Pour the rest of the pudding mix over this layer. Top with one final layer of crackers.
- Melt frosting in microwave (I zapped it right in the container for 1 minute, lid and label off). Pour the melted frosting over the final layer. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Really delicious and easy to make. Everyone loves it...the only thing I changed up was instead of frosting..I used Hot Fudge Sauce! The GOOD stuff that is thick to where you have to use a spoon to dig it out of the jar, Hershey's or Sanders hot fudge. Microwave it in a bowl at intervals of 30 seconds until it's softened enough to pour over the top of éclair batter in the 9x13 pan and spread easily. This sets up beautifully and is meant to go with this luscious dessert. (I gave yours a 4 only because I changed up the frosting and used Hot Fudge.) I may add 4 ounces or so of softened cream cheese to the pudding next time..only to thicken it a little more. Yum!
I made this just about exactly as stated. I think my Cool Whip was 8 ounces if I'm not mistaken. My family and I loved it!! The only thing I think I would do differently would be to use homemade frosting. We felt like the canned stuff was kind of gummy after being refrigerated. Great recipe and will fix it again in the near future!