Recipe by invictus
Tuna noodle casserole recipes are a dime a dozen here but this is what I grew up on and I don't think it can be beat! I think this came from an old Cambell's soup cookbook. You can tell that can sized have gotten smaller over the yeas.....I had to adjust the tuna can size and the soup size both by an ounce to reflect today's packaging!
Top Review by Sam #3
Yum! My sister who isn't fond of tuna casserole asked for the recipe! I forgot the green peppers (which is weird since I love them) and added a touch of dill and parsley. I also didn't read the directions fully and mixed everything together before noticing that I was supposed to make the sauce separately, but it still worked great!
- 6 ounces medium noodles
- 6 ounces tuna
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook noodles and drain. In a 2 quart casserole dish combine noodles, tuna, celery, onion, and green pepper.
- In a medium sauce pan combine salt, mayo, soup, milk, and cheese; stirring until cheese has melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over noodles and stir to combine.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.