Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Green bell peppers stuffed with a delicious ground beef mixture, served over rice! This recipe also works great with ground turkey.
- 4 -6 green bell peppers, depending on their size and how much meat you want per pepper
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 4 -6 cups white rice or 4 -6 cups brown rice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blanch peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove and place in glass baking pan. Set pan aside.
- Cook meat and onion in skillet on medium heat until meat it browned, then drain excess liquid.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, tomato sauce, and beef broth. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in parsley.
- Stuff green peppers with meat mixture.
- Cover pan with tin foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- *Uncover, top each pepper with 1/4 cup of cheese (optional), and bake for another 5 minutes. (*uncover and cook even if you do not add the cheese).
- Serve each pepper over 1 cup of rice.