Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Before I got married, I had this for lunch every single day (Mom made it for me!)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground sumac (optional)
- Mix all ingredients, cover and let marinate for an hour.
- Cook over medium heat in a large saucepan until done (should be dry).
- (I don't like onions and garlic all that much, so i pick the chicken out).
- If you can get arabian pita bread from an international store, do so, it is a million times better than pita.
- Heat bread, spread with a little mayo.
- Put chicken along one side and wrap.
- Variations: try adding french fries, or pickles.
- Instead of plain mayo, mix some mayo with lemon juice, olive oil and garlic.
This is delicious! I added a touch of cayenne pepper, just because we like it. I had to use the regular ole pita bread, but it sure was good! Very quick and easy, it's a keeper.
This was awesome. Sooooo easy to make and a great taste. Thanks for sharing.
Very tasty and authentic! Thanks for sharing