photo by NorthwestGal
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- *I have used different kinds of soups and canned vegetables to match, i.e. mushroom, potato, broccoli--whatever you have on hand, but I like asparagus the best*.
- Combine first four ingredients in a bag.
- Shake chicken pieces in flour mix.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Brown chicken on all sides.
- Place in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Combine soup, sour cream, and asparagus; mix well.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven till it melts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful! The addition of the asparagus was great, because it added a healthy component but also contributed a lot of flavor to the whole dish. I couldn't find cream of asparagus soup, so I used cream fo celery (as I thought it was the closest to cream of asparagus). And it was quite tasty. I'll definitely make this again, because everyone in my family enjoyed this dish. It's easy to prepare too, so we can have it even on a busy night. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Yello Kim. I made it for one of my Pick-A-Chef choices, and I'm glad I did.
I made a major substitution on this recipe so I don't want to give it any stars. I could not find cream of asparagus soup and subbed cream of celery but otherwise made as posted. It was pretty good but I think it would be excellent with the cream of asparagus soup. I will keep looking and re-review when I find it. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love baking, cooking and tring anything new. I am starting a new healthy route. I have been eating sugar free for a year and have been trying to ease my family in with me, they have been fighting me on it. So I have been sneeky about it.</p> 8771973"