Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick, easy, and light dinner. You can use leftover chicken, instead of tuna.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried hot pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash hot chili powder
- salt-free garlic and herb seasoning (optional)
- Spray a medium saucepan with nonstick cooking spray, and sauté the onion (use oil if you prefer).
- Add the tuna and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, pepper, hot pepper, paprika and chili powder.
- Cook for a few more minutes.
- I serve this with pita bread, but you can make regular sandwiches if you like.
i made this this morning and ate it with rice. it was sooo good. i dont like tuna and i dont like spicy food but this was great. i followed evrything exactly since i had all the ingredients at hand. i cant imagine eating tuna any other way. (im picky)
Great light sandwich. I made this without the hot chili powder because my wife doesn't like spicey food, but it still had excellent taste. We had with kidney bean salad. Super dinner.
This was so good!! i was trying to find a way to get a lowfat high protein lunch. I am not a big tuna fan, but this was really good. I did add a scoop of mayo at the end, just to make it a little more moist. It was really great!!