Quick Tuna and Clam Pappardelle
- Ready In:
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces packages pappardelle pasta or 8 ounces packages wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon chopped capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can clam chowder (Wolfgang Puck is the best)
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna, drained
- lemon wedge
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil.
- Combine onion and butter in a large skillet; cook over medium-high heat until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add pappardelle (or egg noodles) to boiling water; cook according to package directions, drain, place in a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, add parsley, dill weed, capers and pepper to the onion and butter in skillet; cook 1 minute and stir in clam chowder and tuna; cook, stirring occasionally, until hot throughtout, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste, if necessary.
- Pour over pasta; toss to coat and serve with lemon wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
An excellent dish - simple and flavorful! The taste and texture of the correctly-cooked pasta are maintained, rather than turned gummy and bland in the oven. Naturally, the quality of the clam chowder used has a great impact on the finished product. A very nice change from the ordinary, though popular, cassarole.