1/6 Photos of Mom's Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole
This is my favorite broccoli rice casserole...maybe it's because it's so darn creamy and cheesy I don't even notice the broccoli! :) Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, microwaved about 6 minutes to thaw
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 (5 ounce) can premium chunk chicken (I sometimes use 2 or the large can when I'm treating this as a one-dish meal)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Saute onions and celery in butter until soft. Add chicken, salt, and pepper. Saute a minute or so to marry flavors.
- 2In a large bowl, combine soups, milk, rice, broccoli, onion/chicken mixture. Fold in 2 cups cheese.
- 3Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese (I sometimes use more -- it's terrible, I know! ;).
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes uncovered.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 728.9
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 133.6 mg
- Sodium 2069.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 35.9 g