Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole
photo by Karabea
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 -3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- Saute vegetables in butter until clear.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions and drain well.
- Add soup and cheese to broccoli.
- Stir in sauted celery and onions.
- Stir in rice and seasonings.
- Put into greased casserole dish, top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is comfort food at it's finest!! I was a bit hesitant when I made it , it seemed like it might come out too dry , but I didn't fiddle with the ingredients , I left well enough alone. It came out soooo creamy , and cheesy and just YUM! My daughter especially liked it , and we have the leftovers for taking to work for lunch tomorrow. I think it will reheat nicely! Made for PAC '08