Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
simply the best and so easy!
- 1 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3⁄4 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- put everything in a blender and mix.
- pour into a small greased casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, until firm.
- NOTE: I keep making batches of this until I have the amount I need to fill my dish. Make sure you use a shallow dish or it won't get done in the middle.
I made this as directed, using a 1qt. 6x9inch pan. The mixture was only about an inch deep in the pan, so it baked in 35 minutes. I will definitely increase this recipe for company; it's a little bit sweet and gets very firm. Delicious!
Certainly a different kind of corn dish for me! Since I LIKE corn, I'm used to adding a bit more when I make corn bread pudding, etc, so this approach was new! I did make a double batch & used lemon pepper instead of the usual 'salt & pepper,' but other than that, followed the recipe! A nice, comfort-food recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
my sister is right...these are the best! After growing up with eating mom's baked corn, no-one else's even comes close!