Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted for safe-keeping, this was my dear long-departed Grandmother's recipe from way back. My cousin had it and I never want to be without as to me this is the best carrot cake in the whole, wide world. Besides, Mom-Mom always told us it was nice to share...
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup nuts (pecans) (optional)
- FOR CAKE:.
- Beat together all cake ingredients. Add carrots last. Grease and flour pans. Bake @ 350 for 40-55 minutes in 2 cake pans or mold. (I use a bundt cake mold and baked for 50 minutes.).
- FOR ICING:.
- Beat together. all ingredients (can use less vanilla if perferred).
- If too dry add a little milk.
- Keep cake wrapped & refrigerated.
- Best to make day before to let flavors meld.
This review counts for whole family, they all loved the consistency, and the flavor. I would tone it a half cup less on the sugar, but other than that they all agree that it was awesome. They also loved the icing. Great cake!