Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
We don't like cornbread per se, so I was looking around and found these today (12/19/06) .. I made them. Oh my gosh!! Moist isn't the word! The batter is VERY liquidy. They ARE almost like a spoon pudding.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Grease two 12 muffin tins or line with liners.
- Put all dry ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Add buttermilk, mayonnaise, butter and shortening to dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Add eggs and blend thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared muffin tins and bake 10-12 minutes till lightly browned.
- Use toothpick to test for doneness.
- NOTE: I added 1 C shredded cheddar cheese on some and cinnamon sugar on some.
I made these to with our dinner tonight and they are very moist, most recipes for Corn muffins I make are dry but this was perfect. Easy to throw together and doesn't take long at all to bake. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe.
The batter was very runny. I baked it anyway and they did rise. Had a strange texture and bland flavor. We are used to a sweeter, more cakelike cornbread, but wanted to try this for a change. Maybe I did something wrong?
These are joy! Very moist! I made 48 mini muffins and 8 regular sized muffins. Cooked the mini muffins at the same temp for 7 minutes. Serving them with chili tonight. Thanks!