Super Moist Banana Nut Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup soft unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly butter 24 muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder,cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, whip the bananas and sugar together for a good 3 minutes. Add the soft butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated.
- Fold in the nuts if desired with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins to fill them about halfway.
- Bake until a toothpick stuck in the muffins comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before turning the muffins out.
Join The Conversation
I made these this morning for the second time, making ten jumbo muffins with a cinnamon, brown sugar, nut topping. I added a cup of quick cooking oats to the recipe, to make up for my soupy banana mixture caused by frozen bananas that I had nuked for a fast thaw, and the fact that I had only 2 cups of flour left in the house. Baked in 25 minutes. Came out moist and delicious anyway. Note that I have the best luck with removing muffins from the pan when I use muffin liners spritzed with a bit of canola oil.
Used real butter which does not soften at room temp, omitted salt as my salted butter had the right amount of salt the recipe calls for. Used Imitation banana flavor extract in place of vanilla. Will buy margarine the next time i make these. I had butter melt through the bottom of the paper cups of lost moisture, but still delicious!