Healthy Oat Bran Banana Nut Muffins
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a healthy muffin recipe. I have never made these, but I thought someone else may like to try them 8)
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups oat bran
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix milk, bananas, egg whites, oil & vanilla in a bowl or blender.
- Combine well with the dry ingredients.
- Line muffin pan with paper baking cups, filling them with batter.
- Bake 15 minutes, watching closely, you do not want to over bake.
- Let cool and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
On Line 3, you need to add 'vanilla' to the ingredients to be mixed. On Line 6, you need to delete the phrase 'do not want to overbake'. I followed the recipe exactly, they looked like they were done in the specified time, perfectly browned all over. They came out of the tins perfectly. They were very moist and just the right texture on the tops, but the middles were all raw. I didn't know this until we were eating them the next day. So re. Line 6, overbaking them would have turned out much better.Reply
Pretty good, but you have to like healthy muffins to like these. I do, so they work for me. Very low fat, high in fiber, and nutritious. The oat bran is evident, but that's what you would expect with no added flour. Not very sweet at all. The banana does keep these muffins very moist, though. Made 12 muffins. The tins were full to the top but they don't rise a whole lot so it worked out fine. I sprayed the muffin tins instead of lining with papers, and let cool a bit in the pan before removing. Had no problems with sticking. Thanks for sharing the recipe!Reply