Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A little different take on banana bread with a hint of cocoa and coffee flavor.
Make and share this Mocha Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk or sift if the cocoa is lumpy.
- In a large bowl combine sugar and butter and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well creamed, for at least two minutes.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add bananas, vanilla, and coffee and beat on low speed until blended.
- Add flour mixture and combine just until moist.
- Stir in walnuts and spoon batter into a greased 8 x 4" loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack, then remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
I really like the idea of this bread. I'm always looking for ways to use up bananas. However, I baked mine for only 50 minutes and it came out very dry. I would have liked a much stronger chocolate/coffee flavor. Not sure what I was expecting. I will probably try this again with a few changes. Thanks Marie.
As I type this I'm making this recipe once again, this time for a bake sale...It's very good in it's own right but I did alter a couple of things...I wanted a stronger banana taste, so I added 1 tsp banana flavoring...I also baked it as an 8" square snack cake instead of a loaf checking for doneness every 5 min or so beginning at the 45 min mark...Additionally I drizzled a banana flavored glaze over it...I highly recommend this recipe as it's simple, tasty and quick to make...It's perfect for breakfast on the run or as a snack... EDIT: It was one of the FIRST things sold at the bake sale, for $5 and the purchaser RAVED about it the next day! *grins* This one's a keeper!
I made these into muffins instead of bread, but the flavor is delightful. It gives the taste of a chocolate dipped banana. I might add more coffee and chocolate chips next time.