Easy Homestyle Banana Bread
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3 bananas (overripe)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon banana extract (optional)
- 1 cup walnuts
- Mash up bananas with a potato masher or fork (bananas will still be lumpy, this is okay).
- Add butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla to bananas and mix together.
- Add Flour and baking soda.
- Beat with a hand mixer on low/medium for 2 min or until smooth and blended.
- Mix nuts into mixture with spoon.
- Grease pan and dust with flour.
- Bake 350 degrees for approix 60 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Bake then let cool on the counter. Note: Storing the bread in foil will help keep the bread moist.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe! I had to cook it in my oven for 70 minutes but it turned out wonderfully moist (I was worried it would be dry but not at all!) I didn't use the banana extract (didn't even know there was such a thing!) but I will probably do so next time or add additional banana as hubby said it didn't have much banana flavor. It still deserves a 5 (ok, probably a 5 plus!!) Definitely a keeper!! Made for PAC 08.
This was a great banana bread recipe. I served it to my family as well as my FIL and his girlfriend. All reviews came back very positive. It would be nice to have a baking temperature and a cook time though. I did mine at 350Â° for 64 minutes and that worked out just about perfect for us! I didn't add in the nuts so that I could send it in the kids' lunches. They are quite happy about that! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring '08