This is the recipe I have been using for years, and I am putting it here for safekeeping. I was making it this morning for Thanksgiving and noticed that my copy is starting to get soiled. This is so good, you could almost eat it for dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the sweet potatoes.
- Mix the sugar, melted butter, eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon into the sweet potatoes.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and pour potato mixture into it.
- Mix the topping ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle topping over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until the casserole gets brown and bubbly.
What a wonderful yummy dish! I cut this down for two of us used 1 egg instead of the egg white and followed the rest of the instructions. Definately one to use at Thanksgiving. Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011.
Michelle... your sweet potato casserole is delicious.. DH wanted to know when i'd be making it again.. I didn't make the topping as I don't think it is needed... Casserole is good enough to stand alone. I tent covered it with foil the first 20 minutes, then removed foil to complete baking.Thanks for sharing.. nita
This was good. This was sweet enough to eat for a dessert. Good dish for a get-to-gather. This reheated up good both in the oven and microwave.