- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9" pie plate with the pastry.
- Combine the butter and chocolate in a saucepan. Heat gently, stirring often, until melted and blended.
- Beat the eggs until light and frothy.
- Stir in the corn syrup, sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture, stirring.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie plate. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top is slightly crunchy and the filling is set. Do not overcook.
- The filling should remain soft inside. This is best served warm with a spoonful of vanilla ice cream on top, but it is excellent served at room temperature or cold.