Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'll agree that Rachael Ray can be a nagging voice on the TV for even a 30-minute meal. But, the gal sure can cook. I took her Meatloaf Muffin recipe and doctored it up for a healthier alternative. This quickly became a staple in my health-conscious household. You make the meatloaf in a muffin tin so portion control is easy as pie.
- 453.59 g ground turkey (not turkey breast)
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks, about 1/2 cup
- 1 celery rib, cut into a few large pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, about 1/4 cup
- 1 large egg, beaten with a splash of milk
- 177.44 ml breadcrumbs, plain
- 7.39 ml McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 118.29 ml barbecue sauce
- 118.29 ml salsa
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and brush a 12-muffin tin with olive oil.
- Put the ground turkey in a large bowl.
- Put onion, celery and green pepper in the food processor. Pulse until finely chopped and add to the bowl of meat.
- Add egg, breadcrumbs and steak seasoning to the bowl.
- Mix together the BBQ sauce, salsa and Worcestershire in a separate small bowl. Pour half the sauce mixture into the bowl with the meat.
- Mix the meatloaf together with your hands.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the muffin tin and top each loaf with the remaining sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes.