Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 min
I found this recipe on the internet to make cookies with a bag of mini M&M's. I liked that it has oatmeal in it which make them a bit more chewy than your average cookie. You can also substitude chocolate chips if you don't have M&M's.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugars, shortening, margarine, vanilla and eggs with an electric mixer.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and soda.
- Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl a cup at a time until it is mixed together completely.
- Open bag of M&M baking bits and pour out 1/3 cup to reserve for later. Add the rest of the chips and fold into batter.
- Chill cookie dough for 1 hour.
- Later, preheat oven to 350 degrees. On ungreased cookie sheets, or using parchment paper on cookie sheets, drop dough by spoonfuls with room for spreading.
- Take 2 or 3 of the reserve M&M's and place on top of each cookie. This way, some clearly show after the cookie bakes.
- Bake in 350 oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove cookies from sheet and place on cooling rack.
These were really good! I didn't make them exactly as instructed just because it was a last minute choice and I only had one small tube of M&M minis so I used those and 2 chopped up Hershey w/ almond bars! (left over stocking candy :) I halved the recipe, they were a little crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle. Perfect, thanks!
I got a care package from my church at home with two 2 oz. packages of regular M&Ms, and the BF LOVES oatmeal cookies, so I divided the recipe by three, and I made a perfect batch of 16 tasty and beautiful cookies. The BF loved them - I guess the size of the M&Ms didn't matter to him! :-) As recommended, I only included one of the 2 oz. bags in the dough, and then I individually placed each of the pieces from the second bag on top of the divided cookie dough after putting it on the baking sheet. They turned out pretty AND delicious!
A+++ I used butter instead of margarine and shortening. I'm making them as we speak and they came out fabulous!