Recipe by Stephanie Jones
I found this recipe in a book called "THE BEST OF COUNTRY COOKING" published by "Taste of Home". I needed something quick to whip up for a get together with friends. Quick prep the day before and quick prep the day of the get together. They were a hit; none left to be seen! (prep time does not included 24 hour refrigeration.)
Top Review by TheDancingCook
Great appetizer! I brought this to a baby shower and everyone enjoyed. I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese and garnished with diced red peppers and dill. Fancy appetizer, with little preparation! This recipe is a keeper.
- 1 cup mayonnaise (no substitutes)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon minced chives (fresh or dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 loaf of mini miniature party rye rounds
- 2 medium cucumbers, scored and thinly sliced
- diced pimentos or diced red pepper (for garnish)
- additional dill weed (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or blender, combine first 9 ingredients (this includes all the 1/8 tsp seasonings.) Cover and process until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Spread Mayonnaise mixture over bread slices;top with cucumber slices.
- Garnish with pimientos or red pepper and dill weed.