Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These sound wonderful. Recipe from Parenting magazine and says that this is a great way to introduce fish to your kids. I think some green onion and garlic powder would be perfect in this recipe, but I'll leave that up to you!
- cooking spray
- 1 lb cod fish fillet (may sub sea bass or other firm white fish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned white beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 small buns
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, cut in half
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 8 slices
- 8 teaspoons tartar sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spritz baking pan with cooking spray, and add fish.
- Season fish with 1/4 t salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake approximately 7-10 minutes, until fish is flaky and opaque. Remove fish from oven, but leave oven ON.
- While fish is baking, In a food processor puree white beans, parsley, 1/4 t salt, and bread crumbs. Process for 1 minute then place in a large bowl.
- Stir in beaten egg, then crumble in the fish and gently mix with your hands until incorporated.
- Form mixture into 8 small patties.
- Coat an oven proof skillet with cooking spray and put over medium heat. Add burgers. Cook until brown on one side, about 5 minutes. CAREFULLY flip cakes over and place skillet in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve on mini buns with lettuce, tomatoes and tartar sauce.