Carrie Ann's Note:
My love of mincemeat lead me to this muffin recipe at another site. Apples,pecans and cinnamon complement the mincemeat to produce a moist delicious muffin. Eaten warm with the apple-cinnamon glaze, these are a wonderful treat, perfect for a special breakfast or brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups bottled mincemeat
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1In a large bowl, whisk together egg, juice and oil;stir in mincemeat and apple.
- 2In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and cinnamon; stir in sugar.
- 3Add dry ingredients and pecans to egg mixture and blend just until combined.
- 4Fill a greased 12 1/2-cup muffin pan and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle come out clean.
- 5Turn muffins out onto rack to cool 5 minutes.
- 6In a small bowl whisk together icing sugar, cinnamon and 3 teaspoons of juice until smooth, adding enough of remaining teaspoon of juice to make a spreadable glaze.
- 7Spread glaze over tops of warm muffins.
- 8These muffins are best served warm or at room temperature.
- 9Muffins can be made up to 3 days ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mincemeat Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.3
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 109.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 33.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g