Recipe by ruthy louise
a comfort food from scotland and always good to eat on a cold november night ..........
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cubes instant Oxo
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄2 pint boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- put mince in pan and dry fry untill brown.
- crumble in first oxo cube while browning the mince --
- then add the large onion chopped into mixture, fry untill onion has sofened a little.
- drain off any excess fat from the mince and then add the boiling water --
- add the chopped carrot and salt and tomato puree
- bringe to boil , then simmer on low heat for approx 2 hours.