1/1 Photo of Milchreis (German Rice Pudding)
This is a typical German recipe for Rice Pudding. For this recipe, you don't want to substitute brown rice as it won't get creamy. It is typical to sprinkle a cinnamon and sugar on top of each serving, though some prefer to add fruit, with cherries a popular choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the rice, sugar and salt in a large saucepan. Stir in the milk and cream, and add the whole piece of vanilla bean. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer the rice for 30 minutes, or until soft and milk/cream mixture becomes thick. Stir often.
- 3Scratch out vanilla seeds and stir into pudding. Discard vanilla bean pod.
- 4Serve warm with cinnamon and sugar or fruit compote, or both.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Milchreis (German Rice Pudding)
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.0
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 91.9 mg
- Sodium 186.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: