Recipe by chef FIFI
This recipe is a very flavorful recipe that is healthy and easy. When making traditional stuffed zucchini, the inside of the zucchini is set aside for later use and this is how its used. I sometimes just buy zucchini just to make this dish. You need the long green zucchini for this recipe. This recipe is usually a side dish at our table.* You may want to cut down on the amount of Maggi, or add it in increments until the desired amount of saltiness is achieved*
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Loved the texture, flavor and simplicity of this one. I could not find Maggi brand and had to use Knorr boullion. Though I enjoyed the intensity of flavor from the cube, the saltiness was a bit too overpowering. Wondering if finding the correct brand would have made a difference. In the meantime, thinking a mix of mix of low sodium and regular boullion might work. Will try that and re-review as there is certainly no shortage of zucchini right now. Thanks Chef Fifi.
- 473.18 ml grated zucchini (Italian marrow zucchini)
- 177.44 ml diced onion
- 1 maggi chicken bouillon cube (use 1/2 of cube, then if preferred add 2nd half of cube)
- 1.23-2.46 ml dried and crushed mint (optional)
- 28.39 ml vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel zucchini skin off.
- Finely grate the zucchini using a mandolin.
- Heat some vegetable oil and add the onions to the hot oil.
- Once onions become translucent and golden in color, add zucchini.
- Let zucchini cook for about 10 minutes or until soft and tender and then add the Maggi cube and mint(rubbing dried mint between your hands to grind it down).
- Let cook for another 2-5 minutes or so, or until squash is done.
- Place in a bowl and enjoy with some pita bread.