Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and fast to make and they are delicious
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cucumbers, unpeeled and thin sliced
- 1 medium onion, thin sliced
- In small bowl mix salt, tumeric, mustard seed, celery seed, vinegar and sugar.
- In microwavable bowl, mix cucumbers and onion.
- Pour vinegar mixture over cucumbers and onion.
- Microwave, uncovered, on High for 5 minutes.
- Stir well, return to microwave for 5 minutes more.
- Cool; pour into quart jar and refrigerate.
- Pickles are ready to eat when thoroughly chilled.
I love this recipe! It is super simple, and has a great flavor. I love that only two cucumbers are needed so if you don't have a garden it won't cost a lot to make. I just put them in a plastic container with a lid. I would like to know how to can them to store.
These pickles are GREAT! I have shared them with my friends and family. Everyone has loved them. I ended up going to the farmers market and buying more pickles (cucumbers) to make more.