Microwave Dill Pickles
photo by mary winecoff
- Ready In:
- 1 quart small cucumbers or 1/4 inch sliced cucumber
- 1 garlic clove
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried dill (I actually used fresh)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 hot pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Use a 1 quart canning jar and fill with cucumbers, 1 clove garlic, 3/4 teaspoon dried dill, 1/8 teaspoon turmeric and 1 hot pepper if using.
- Use a 4 cup microwave safe glass bowl and add 1 1/2 cups of water, 1/2 cup cider vinegar and 2 teaspoons salt. Place in microwave for 4 minutes (until it boils).
- Remove liquid from microwave, pour it over the cucumbers in the jar. Make sure the cucumbers are covered with liquid. If not, add water to cover.
- Use a piece of plastic wrap to loosely cover the jar. Microwave for 3 minutes. Place the cap on the jar and let cool to room temperature. Place in refrigerator. Pickles should be ready to eat when cold.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have two boys who will usually eat most things I put in front of them. As a single mom I use them as my guinea pigs....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have a huge garden, blueberry and blackberry bushes. I am always looking for a new recipe. I have three cats (Xiao Mao, which means little cat in Chinese, Pumpkin and Max) and two border collies, Lucy and Grace. All my animals come from Rescue Agencies. <a href="http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/?action=view¤t=rsc002.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/rsc002.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/lucyatpoppys005.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"><a href="http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/?action=view¤t=006.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/006.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a><a href="http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/?action=view¤t=hilfiger001.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/hilfiger001.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">