Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
After much trial and error, I've finally got it.
Make and share this Mickey's Okinawa Taco Rice and Cheese TRC recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs 80% lean ground beef (80/20, the cheap kind in the tube is best)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces mccormick mild taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup old el paso original taco seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Accent seasoning (Mickey's secret ingredient. It will not taste the same without it)
- 2 cups white rice (uncooked)
- 5 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 lb shredded mild cheddar cheese (large shreds, find the one that looks like government cheese)
- Put the white rice and four cups of water in the rice cooker, add 1 teaspoon of Accent flavor enhancer, stir and cook.
- Brown the ground chuck, drain most but not all the grease.
- Mix the two types of taco seasoning in a bowl with 1 1/2 cups of water, add 1/2 teaspoon of accent flavor enhancer, stir and pour over ground beef. Simmer for five minutes.
- Place steamed rice in large casserole pan, spread taco meat over rice, top with cheese.
- Serve on paper plate with plastic spoon for full effect. Top with favorite hot sauce.