Recipe by Hadice
Easy and convenient, you'll love this soup!
Top Review by Fat Guy in the Kitchen
I like this recipe. I used fresh jalepenos instead of canned chiles, and the soup ended up wayyyy too spicy for comfort. I'm planning to make this again but without the jalepenos to give it a real shot. This was a good compliment to some bean burritos (and Lentil Burritos) I made for a Mexican theme.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups broth
- 1 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped, with juice
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup corn
- 3 tablespoons canned diced green chiles, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh ground pepper
- sour cream, for topping
- crushed tortilla chips, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, warm oil.
- Saute onion, bell pepper and garlic until tender, about five minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except toppings and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream and tortilla chips.