Slow-Cooker Vegetable Soup
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 30mins
- 1 lb boneless round steak, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (I used 2 15 oz.cans veg-all)
- In a slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Add frozen vegetables or cans of veg-all.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.
Join The Conversation
The soup wafted all over our house last week. I used some beef broth that I had already made, instead of the bouillon cubes, and frozen veggies from the garden. The taste was stupendous, a really easy to put together! The only other item I changed was to add lima beans, and corn on the cob instead of potatoes. Thanks for a easy, healthful delicious soup!
This is a really good hearty soup! I made it as directd with the exception of the 2 carrots sliced since I used the frozen veggies that had carrots already in the mixture. It smelled so good cooking all day! Very simple recipe to follow and the taste is extremely good. Will definitely make this again and again! Thank you!