1/5 Photos of Mexican Stuffed Shells (Oamc)
* Pamela *'s Note:
You can add jalapeños, hot sauce or green chilies to this to add a real kick! **edited on October 24 to add instructions for Once a Month Cooking. I usually make these during a cooking blitz and freeze until I need them**
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 -18 large pasta shells, cooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning, I use Bulk Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, divided
- 1 cup grated cheese, divided (jalapeno Monterey Jack is especially good, but cheddar will work well too.)
- 750 ml tomato sauce
- chili powder, to taste
- green onion, for garnish
- 1Brown ground beef and drain.
- 2Add seasoning, water, onion, and 1/2 cup of salsa and 1/4 cup cheese.
- 3Mix together remaining salsa, tomato sauce,and chili powder.
- 4Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking pan.
- 5Fill each shell with the ground beef mixture and place in pan.
- 6Pour remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle on the rest of the cheese on top and garnish with green onion. Cover and freeze at this point.
- 7Defrost overnight and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. (Cook from frozen for 2 hours at 300°F).
- 8If desired sprinkle additional cheese on top after baking and return to oven for 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Stuffed Shells (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (1965 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.4
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 698.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: