Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A recipe to do in the Crockpot from Coup de Pouce.
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 lb ground veal or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 cup water
- Cut a slice of about 1/2 inch on the top of bell peppers, remove seeds and empty them.
- In a big skillet, cook ground veal at medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until brown. Remove grease from the skillet. Add salsa, 1 cup grated cheese and uncooked rice. Mix well. Stuff peppers with the mixture of ground veal.
- Pour water in the crockpot. Add stuffed bell peppers by packing them well. Cover and cook at low setting 6 to 7 hours. When ready to serve, sprinkle the bell peppers with remaining cheese.
I use all red green and yellow with Pepper Jack cheese minced about 8 cloves of garlic and browned it with the meat and mild salsa. Thank you for sharing
I used 2 c. cooked brown rice, then added it in with the other ingredients, and used Pepper Jack cheese instead. I baked them in the oven for 1 hr 10 minutes at 350 instead of using the crockpot. They were delish, and I will be making them again to bring to my sisters! Thank you for sharing your recipe with us Boomie! Made for Zaar Stars Tag Game 3/09 Linda
These are delicious. Very simple to make and I love that they can be made in the crock pot version. The peppers were easy to stuff, too, since they were not cooked yet. They softened up really nice in the crock pot, too. Thanks for sharing! Made for Gimme 5 tag.