Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep4 hrs 15 mins
From "Pacific Fresh". This is a very good marinade for pork. The recipe calls for grilling, which is delicious. I have also done this in the crock pot and shredded it for tacos. Its delicious that way as well. I just put the pork loin in the crock and poured the marinade ingredients over it instead of marinating ahead of time. Enjoy! Prep time reflects marinating time.
- 4 lbs pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 cup beer, allowed to go flat
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- Place pork loin in a large ziploc bag.
- Mix marinade ingredients together and pour most of it over the pork. Reserve some of the marinade for basting while grilling. (you could double the marinade ingredients if you want to have extra for basting) Keep it in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Seal bag and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 4 hours. Turn several times to make sure the pork is completely covered in the marinade.
- Remove from fridge about 30 minute before cooking.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Remove pork from marinade. Discard used marinade.
- Grill pork, turning several times while grilling. Baste with reserved marinade when you turn it.
- Cook about 1 hour or until meat thermometer registers between 160 and 170 degrees.
- Remove from grill and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice and arrange on a platter. Garnish with lime wedges.
- Serve with salsa if desired. This is good served with mexican rice or tortillas.
Enjoyed the recipe, thanks for sharing.