Recipe by ladyautumn
My neighbor bought a cookbook for her son and I was flipping through it and saw this recipe. I told her it looked pretty good. The next thing I know she was calling me up and saying, "I have almost all the ingredients to make this but do you have this and this and this.....?" Well, I did and so we made it together and split it. She had to make a copy of the recipe for me so I could make it anytime I wanted. It is so good. Great for those cold, yucky days or nights. It looks like a lot of work but it is not, trust me.
Top Review by grfox33
My family puts up with this dish. I REALLY like it. It is my make it one night put it in a large crock bag in the frig. Morning put in crock pot and dinner is ready when I get home. We use peas instead of green beans and pasta instead of tortilla I leave out the green pepper or use red and no olives because the kids won't eat them. I think the family likes it more than they let on. It is a 2 meal dinner for us. And it is always gone the second day. I pick up a loaf of fresh french bread and they are happy with my quick meal. It has been years since I have seen this recipe anywhere. Thanks for taking the time to post. I hope others will enjoy it as much as I like it.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, diced (to tastezz)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) bag tortilla chips (like Scoops)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef. Reserve drippings in pan and transfer beef to a slow cooker.
- Saute onions, bell pepper, celery, and garlic in drippings in skillet. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add next 11 ingredients. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on high 3 to 4 hours.
- Sprinkle individual servings with shredded cheese. Serve with tortialls chips.