Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Huerta Verde Bed and Breakfast, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico.
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large cabbage, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 green bell peppers, chopped
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour hot mixture over cabbage, onions and bell pepper.
- Cool and store in refrigerator.
I loved the flavor of this. The dressing was way too wet. I ended up draining off a lot of it. Next time I'll try cutting the dressing in half.
We made this for a topping to go on our soft tacos and it was great! I don't like bell pepper so I left them out and added choppend jalapenos...yummy!
yummy! sooo similar to the coleslaw we've had at a local mexican restaurant. i always wondered how they did it! thanks a ton Mille!