Mexican Coleslaw With Spicy Lime Vinaigrette
- Ready In:
- 4 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce (optional)
- Thinly slice cabbage. Slice green onions, and wash, dry and chop cilantro. Combine cabbage, green onions and cilantro in large salad bowl.
- Process lime juice through chipotle in adobo sauce, if desired, in a blender until blended.
- Mix dressing into cabbage mixture. Season to taste with pepper and serve immediately, or chill for a few hours.
- This salad will keep well overnight in the refrigerator, but the lime juice will cause the red cabbage to bleed color and turn the salad slightly pink.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What a yummy change this coleslaw is. Love that there is no mayo in this slaw. The lime, honey and chipotle make a refreshing dressing for this tasty slaw. Made using bagged cabbage slaw blend which has red cabbage and carrots in it verses chopping up a head of cabbage other then that made as written. Think the suggest of serving immediately is the best one. Will be making this often. Thanks for the post.