Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Excellent chocolate cake with a bite
Make and share this Mexican Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
For the cake
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup cold water
For the icing
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- For the cake.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- grease 8-9 inch cake pan.
- Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Stir in cinnamon, cayenne, vanilla extract, vinegar, oil and water.
- Mix until combined.
- Pour into cake pan
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- For the icing:.
- Melt chocolate with water over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate melts.
- Stir in sugar, stirring constantly for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla, and cayenne.
- If you want a thicker icing stir in 1/2 cup powdered sugar.