Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is great on those cold winter nights. We usually serve with cornbread and green salad.
Top Review by Missyb33
This truly is a great recipe for a cold winter night. The chowder was full of flavor and the creamed corn provided a nice sweetness to it. I used Frank's Red Hot as the hot sauce simply because that's what I had on hand and also added a few shakes of pepper. Excellent!
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (I use Tabasco)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro