This is a delicious dish that gets rave reviews! I get many requests for this recipe. :) I've also froze it for OAMC, too!
- 3 -4 chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) bag nacho cheese flavor Doritos, crushed (large bag)
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mexican cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package jalapeno jack cheese, shredded
- canned jalapeno slices or sliced ripe olives, for presentation
- Boil the chicken until done. Pull apart. Keep the broth.
- Mix soups, salsa, and chilies together. Set aside.
- In 13x9 pan, layer half of the doritos, half of the chicken, half of the sauce, and then half of the cheese. Pour about 1/4 cup of the broth on top.
- Repeat ending with cheese and broth.
- Add on sliced jalapenos or black olive slices for presentation, if you wish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
This was wonderful and sooo easy!!! The entire pan was eaten up. I added a little extra salsa (I used 1 1/2 cups), extra chicken (I also added ADOBO to my chicken while it was boiling) , a small can of sliced mushrooms, and some cooked rice. The rice gave it some substance so it wasn't "dippy" I mixed everything together instead of layering it, except for the cheese, which I put on top. I also waited until the last five minutes of cook time and put the crushed doritos on top (so they didn't burn) instead of layering them on the bottom.. I will surely be making this again. It was a big hit! Thanks!!!
Nachos on Steroids! This was VERY good said all 4 of us. I did mostly to recipe and I never thot a whole bag of Doritos could be so good. I did not even tell my family that I was putting those in until every one had tasted (and loved!) it. I could not find 16 oz at corner store so i used 10 oz nacho flavor & 3 oz bag of taco flavor. As you can see in the pics, I did not have any soupiness at all. In fact, I thot it could have used a little more. I think i will add 1/3-1/2 C of stock next time.**Sidenote: I had cooked 8 thighs in crockpot yesterday and deboned. I mix in about 2/3 Taco seasoning pkt to let meat marinade overnight ** I added 1/2 chopped onion, 1/5 red bell pepper, 10-12 chopped black olives and about 2/3 can corn drained in 2 layers in between chicken and soup layers. I had 8 oz bag of mexi cheese but then only 1/2 bag of Italian cheese. Oh, all soups, corn, taco seasoning was all low sodium. I think it is one you can really play around with and it would still be tasty. Thanks for a recipe that I would have never thot of. Its a keeper!
I prepared this for a group of ten coworkers. The event was a Mexican theme so the Mexican Casserole was perfect. At least three people asked me for the recipe before the night was over,