Italian Pasta & Bean Salad
Every time I make this it gets rave reviews and lots of recipe requests.
- 12 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped (see below to roast your own)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained (great northern)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- feta cheese, for topping (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 -4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Prepare vinaigrette while pasta is cooking.
- Stir all vinaigrette ingredients together in large bowl.
- To Roast Pepper Take 1 large red bell pepper, roast under broiler or on barbecue rotating frequently until skin is black.
- Place warm pepper in sealed zip lock bag for 5 minutes.
- Peel skin off pepper while it is still hot.
- Seed and chop pepper.
- Stir pasta, pepper, canned ingredients and onion into vinaigrette. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill and serve.
- Top with feta cheese if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more