1/1 Photo of Mexican Chicken Burritos (Crock Pot)
6 hrs 30 mins
Terry Davis in Cedar City's Note:
If you like mexican food and chicken burritos this is a good one to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml salsa, use your favorite
- 78.07 ml flour
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 907.18 g whole chickens, small enough to fit into crock pot
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 473.18 ml red beans, canned
- 8 flour tortillas or 8 corn tortillas
- 1Add broth, salsa and flour in crock pot, mixing well.
- 2Add onion and garlic, stir together.
- 3Place whole chicken in crock pot.
- 4Cook on low for 6 hours.
- 5Remove chicken and shred meat with 2 forks, discard all bones and other unwanted parts.
- 6Then run juice thru a blender to make a smooth liquid.
- 7Return liquid to crock pot.
- 8Add sour cream to juice in crock pot stirring well.
- 9Add chicken pieces and let heat on low until ready to serve.
- 10Heat beans and tortillas serve with cheese to make burritos.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Burritos (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.8
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 79.5 mg
- Sodium 537.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 24.4 g