I got this recipe from a co-worker, who brought the dish to one of our potlucks. It's actually a loaf of French bread with a filling.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut French bread in half lengthwise.
- Hollow out both halves of loaf, leaving about a 1-inch shell.
- Brown hamburger and onion in skillet.
- Drain off fat.
- Add salt, pepper, salsa, green chilies and tomato sauce to burger/onion mixture.
- Heat through until bubbly.
- Spoon evenly into both loaf halves.
- Top with both grated cheeses.
- Place on cookie sheet and heat in oven until cheese melts (a few minutes).
- Slice loaf halves cross-wise into 2-inch wide sections.
- Note: Depending on the size of the French bread, number of servings will vary.
- Also, I'm guessing at the prep/cook times as I have not fixed this recipe yet.