Moist Mexican Cornbread
photo by Divaconviva
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Put all ingredients except the cornbread mixes into a large bowl and mix well with a spoon.
- Now add the cornbread mixes and stir just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until lightly browned and the edges pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I followed the recipe almost to the letter. Only changes - cut back on the amount of sour cream. I actually used onion dip made with sour cream. Left out the green chilies because I didn't have them. On one occasion I fried bacon and added it crumbled and the bacon drippings as part of the oil measurement. I baked it in two large cast iron skillets because I like cornbread thin and crispy. This is a must for chili, taco soup or tomato soup.