Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this recipe, it has so much flavour, and whenever I'm asked to bring an appi, I bring this one. It has tomatoes, green onions, cheese, and best of all it's a dip that you use with tostito chips.
- 2⁄3 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2-1 cup salsa
- 1 tomatoes, cut up
- 3 green onions, minced
- shrimp (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese, to cover
- tortilla chips (you can use any nacho chip)
- With an electric mixer, whip up cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto a platter, about 18 inches in diameter.
- Add on the salsa, spread with a spoon.
- Sprinkle tomatoes, green onions and shrimp onto of the salsa.
- Cover the tomatoes, green onions, and shrimp with grated cheese.
- Keep it refrigerated until serving time. Put out a bowl of chips, just dip your chip right in!
WOW- POW! This was such a hit! It's close to a couple other appetizers I make, but just different enough that everyone noticed. I actually only measured the mayo and the cream cheese -- the rest of the ingredients I just eye-balled. That's a really nice feature about the recipe. I used the ingredients you had listed -- but I went REALLY heavy with the shrimp/prawns. I found some really large ones, so cut them into chunks small enough to fit onto the chips. I took this to a Cinco de Mayo party on Saturday -- but made another plate of it up for Mother's Day the next day. The first day I used Dorito chips, but on Sunday I used some Triscuits. Both were great. I'm so thrilled to have this recipe -- and it's already been passed on others who requested it.
Very tasty and quick appetizer. I used mayo instead of Miracle Whip. I put shrimp on half the dip ( I knew my kids would rather not have shrimp). I used a shredded mexican cheese combo. I will definitely make this again. Made for the Bargain Basement Tag game.