Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yum! I love hot-n-spicy V-8, but not the price, so I came up with this. Spicy foods and drinks are supposed to raise your metabolism also.. another plus! Really good as a base for bloody mary's too!
- 1 (46 ounce) can vegetable juice (generic V-8)
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons Frank's red hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish
- Mix all ingredients in a plastic or glass pitcher.
I used a 46 oz of tomato juice instead of generic V8 since I couldnt find it. Very tasty! Not spicy at all to me but Im used to hot stuff. Love horseradish in anything and will increase that next time. Thanks for sharing:)
Now this is what I call Red Eye! Definately a wake up call in the AM! I love the hot spices with the V8. It offsets the slightly sweet taste of the V8. I believe you could actually make a nice Bloody Mary with this recipe. A great way to start your morning! Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Great with a shot of vodka mixed in at the morning tailgate party. Goes real nice with a few pickled eggs too!