1/1 Photo of Merry Cherry Brownies
1 hr 30 mins
A yummy holiday treat! From a brand name baking magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Cherry-Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup drained chopped red maraschino cherry
- 1 tablespoon red maraschino cherry juice
- 1 egg
- 1Heat oven to 350. Grease bottom and sides of 13 x 9 inch pan with shortening or spray with cooking spray.
- 2In medium bowl, beat all filling ingredients with spoon until smooth; set aside.
- 3In 2 quart saucepan, melted chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth; remove from heat. Cool 5 minutes.
- 4In large bowl, beat chocolate mixture, 2 cups sugar, the vanilla and 4 eggs with mixer on medium speed 1 minute, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in flour and salt on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat on medium speed 1 minute. Stir in nuts.
- 5Spread half of batter in pan. Spread filling over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter over filling. Gently swirl through batters with knife for marbled design.
- 6Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. FOr brownies, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Merry Cherry Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.0
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.5 mg
- Sodium 106.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
maraschino cherry juice