Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
We found this recipe in his amazing cookbook and off his cooking show. This is made for Beer can chicken, but can also be used on ribs. I hate salt,so I never use it in this recipe, but if you are salt lovers, go for it!!
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 -3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix all ingredients together, using the cayenne pepper to your heat preference.
- Rub on a whole chicken for beer can chicken, or a rack of ribs.
- Makes about a half a cup of rub.
I used a rounded tbsp of cayenne and found it was enough for us. The recipe covered two nice chickens beautifully. My son especially liked the rub and had me print out the recipe before he left. Made for PAC, Fall '09.