Recipe by leeleitch
Recipe is from Quality Milk's Pleasures of Cheese. The tarts can be made ahead but freezing is not recommended. For a change of taste you can use Camembert OR Cream Cheese Or Gouda instead of Brie.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 lb brie cheese, rind removed, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream (35%)
- 3 ounces semisweet dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, add the melted butter, Graham cracker crumbs, hazelnuts and sugar. Stir until smooth.
- Use tart pans with removable bottoms OR large ramekins (4 1/4" in diameter).
- Press the mixture into 4 tart pans and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the cream in a saucepan over low heat until steam starts to form.
- Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth. Chocolate must melt completely.
- Add the hazelnut liqueur and stir.
- Set aside, keep at room temperature.
- When the tart shells are ready, remove from them from the oven and immediately cover the bottom with the brie cheese slices, so that the cheese will melt.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the melted cheese and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before unmoulding.
- Cool at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To unmould, run a knife around the edge of the tart and detach the tarts.
- Sift some powdered cocoa over top before serving, if using.