Grilled Banana Boats
photo by Kenyon
- Ready In:
- 4 bananas, unpeeled
- 4 tablespoons mini marshmallows
- 4 teaspoons mini chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons coconut
- Cut 4 12-inch sheets of heavy duty foil. Set aside.
- Heat your grill. if using one of Kenyon's many grill options you'll want a medium heat (4 bars).
- With a sharp knife, make a deep lengthwise cut along the inside curve of each banana, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Open slit to form pocket.
- Crimp and shape 1 sheet of foil around each banana, forming boats. Once foil is shaped, set aside again.
- Holding each banana with the pocket slits facing up, fill each with 1 tablespoon marshmallows, 1 teaspoon coconut and 1 teaspoon chocolate chips.
- Return each banana to its foil boat and seal the top of the foil, leaving 2 to 3 inches of headspace.
- Place bananas on the grill and cover for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until the marshmallows soften.
- If you would like, add extra toppings like nuts or whipped cream, after you have removed the bananas from the grill.
- serve warm and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!